If you like watching TV shows and movies, but don’t have time to remember each release date and find the best new content as it comes out, it may be time to consider using Trakt TV on Kodi.
Trakt is a web service that allows you to organize movies and TV shows and keep track of what you have seen.
What is Trakt
Trakt is a free online service for tracking movies and TV shows you have watched and that is not only available for Kodi, but also integrates with other media players and services such as Netflix, Plex, Kodi, MediaPortal, Emby, Infuse, MrMC, Stremio, Serviio, VLC, iOS, Android, Windows, Amazon Alexa and more
Trakt tracks the movies and TV shows you watch, showing recommendations based on their history and helping to discover highly rated community content.
If you are one of those who keeps a list with everything you have seen, Trakt will also be useful, so you can stop relying on a list that could disappear. It is accessible from any browser and mobile phone so it will be very easy to manage.
Trakt TV Key Features
Trakt offers a variety of features, standard features with a free account and a paid option with VIP features, the latter costing $ 2.50 per month.
Standard features include:
- Automatic scrobble the content you watch
- Full viewing history
- Watch Now: A guide to the best sources for finding certain movies and TV shows
- Content sharing on social networks in real-time
- Recommendations for TV and movies
- Personal lists: Option to create and store your own lists of movies, actors, seasons and episodes
- Shows the movies are trending in the community
- Email and push notifications
- Track the progress of your TV shows
- Highlighted lists
- Follow other members and find friends
- No spoilers
VIP features include:
- Access to annual statistics “Year in Review”
- Calendar notifications, reminding you of your personalized calendar every day and week
- RSS feeds for IFTTT
- Filters through the popular Watch Now filter to more easily find your preferred broadcast sources
- Embeddable image and widgets, allowing you to share your statistics
- Copy other popular lists instead of making your own
- VIP badges
- Integration with Amazon Alexa
- Advanced search and filtration
- No ads
- Early access to new features
- Exports to CSV file
- Choose your favorite movie or TV show and use it as your profile header.
- Mix and match your calendar with other popular lists;
- Private VIP discussion forums;
Other Trakt TV Features
Some other features not specifically listed on the Trakt website include:
- Evaluate content after viewing
- Automatically syncs your series and movie collections with Trakt
- Automatically cleans your Trakt library, allowing it to correspond directly with Kodi
- Synchronizes your “watched status” in your TV shows and movies between Trakt and Kodi
- In addition, you can also enroll in the $ 5 a month VIP plan, which gives you Executive Producer credit
Create Trakt Account
To use this addon you will have to create a Trakt account. Go to official website https://trakt.tv/
Step 1. Click the “JOIN TRAKT FOR FREE”
Step 3. Type your profile display name and location. and set your display time and date, gender and birthdate. and click Next Step
Step 4. Select your favorite streaming services by selecting your Country. and click Next Step
Step 5. Select your favorite genres and click Next Step
Step 6. Explore and add movies and TV shows to your profile, click Next Step
Step 7. Share your activities with any of the social media platform presented, click Next Step
Step 8. It’s optional, you can receive a real-time push notification when someone follows you, mentions you, replies to your comment or likes your lists, click Continue to Dashboard
Step 9. Now your Trakt TV account is ready to use.
cheers! we have successfully created the Trakt account, now the next step to install Trakt TV on Kodi.
How To Install and connect Trakt with Kodi
Once you have registered with Trakt, it is recommended that you configure it and take into account certain considerations. In this section, we will see how to customize and use Trakt.
Note: one important thing to keep in mind Trakt is not compatible with all Kodi addons so first, you have to prioritize to see they are compatible with Trakt ?. so check our best Kodi addon list to find the compatible trakt Kodi addons.
Step 1. The script of Trakt is located inside the official repository of Kodi. so open Kodi and click the Gear icon
Step 2. Click the Add-ons
Step 3. Click “Install from repository”
Step 4. Click “Kodi Add-on repository”
Step 5. Click “Program add-ons”
Step 6. search the “Trakt” and click on it
Step 7. click the “Install”
Step 8. Some additional add-on addon installation message appears stating that “The following additional add-ons will be installed”, Click OK
Step 9. Wait until you will receive Trakt Add-on installation notification appears on upper-right corner
Step 10. One the installation completed, a window is pop-up and it will ask you to visit the https://trakt.tv/activate site or scan QR code to activate the Trakt account.
Step 11. if you choose to access the site then enter the code that is displayed on your device and click continue
Step 12. After entering the code, a new screen appears where you can allow Trakt for Kodi to use your account.
Step 13. A “Woohoo” confirmation message appears on your screen
that’s it you have successfully set up the Trakt on Kodi.
How to set up Trakt in Kodi
After installing and activating the addon, it is advisable to configure it so that Trakt can track the contents you see in Kodi.
Step 1. Click on Configure to set up the addon
Step 2. The Trakt options will be displayed. In the menu on the left, you will see five sections. Let’s see what each of them consists of:
- General: In this section, you can allow different users to use their Trakt account to access Trakt addon. Each time a new user wants to use Trakt, you will have to authorize your account in the same way as explained above.
- Exclusions: In this section, you can create a list of sources that will be excluded from Trakt. For example, you can exclude all the content you see with addons that allow you to watch TV.
- Scrobbling: This section will show the options related to Trakt’s tracking of the content you see. For example, you can filter those types of files that Trakt will use. You can activate the tracking of movies, series, and others. If you activate the “Show notification when doing Scrobble” option, you will always know what data is sent to Trakt. It’s always good to know when and how your data is used.
- Synchronize: In this section, you can configure the synchronization options between Kodi and Trakt. Kodi will send your data every time you finish seeing something. This information will be stored on Trakt servers. However, if you activate synchronization, you will also see the changes you make on the Trakt website reflected in Kodi. There is an option to synchronize movie scores. You can also synchronize your movie collection. This way, the movies you watch will be added to your Trakt collection.
- Rating: Trakt movie scoring is enabled by default. This means that a message will be displayed for you to rate a movie every time you finish watching it. If you prefer, you can disable this option. You can adjust the percentage of the duration of the movie or the chapter you must have seen so that the option to rate it is displayed. You can also configure the score that will be selected by default.
How to integrate Trakt with Kodi addons
In order to use Trakt with Kodi, we will have to integrate it with the most used Kodi addons and this time we select Exodus Redux. to access it open Kodi and go to video addons sections
Step 1. right-click on Exodus Redux Addon and click setting
Step 2. The new window is pop-up, On the left side menu, click Accounts, where you can see an option to authorize Exodus Redux access to Trakt. Click Authorization
Step 3. Click the indicated link and enter the code and click Continue
Step 4. Click yes to allow Exodus Redux to use your Trakt account
Step 5. Now you received successfully integration message
Now using this method you can integrate other Kodi addon Trakt TV keep track of what you have seen.